Monday, July 19, 2010

Awkward Moment With Fındık


So the other night, it was me and Fındık alone in the kitchen (she ALWAYS follows me there). So she was being so cute, I leaned down to kiss her snout. Well she completely misread my intentions and went to lick me when I kissed her. LUCKILY, I was able to dodge the bullet but now we had a clearly awkward situation on our hands. Apparently Fındık had feelings for me.

Well it was too late to pretend it hadn't happened. We HAD to talk about it now. So I sat her down and tried to explain to her that I DID love her, I just wasn't IN love with her. First, I reminded her, she's only 5 years old and I am 20! It would be inappropriate to say the least. Secondly, she's a girl. Thirdly, (and some of you may not understand this) but she has brown eyes. That's taking a risk that our children would have brown eyes and contaminate my gene pool. (If you didn't know this about me, I have GREAT eyes, true story!) (kinda small but you can tell)

Lastly, she's a dog. That also might mess up my genes. I think it would.

Sadly, even after explaining all this to her and reminding her that it wasn't her, it was me, she turned her back on me and walked (sulked) away. It was sad. Horrible way to ruin a great friendship. During dinner, she wouldn't even sit near me. She begged from everyone else (a sorry attempt to make me jealous. It just made me sad for her.) Eventually, our relationship has been reconciled and I'm able to scratch her belly like the good ol days but now, I make sure to preface it with a reminder that I see her only as a friend.

By the way, in case you were wondering, yes, I WOULD make an exception to my rules for Fıstık. THAT'S true love. Gah, look at the dog!!! Whatta stinkin' handsome monkey, he is! Hunky dog :)

Oh, hope there was no confusion. This post has nothing to do with Christianity. Just throwin ya'll a twist!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up!! What a funny post!!! I love you so much!! I especially loved the accompanying photos!! BTW - You def have a possibility of having brown eyed children....you do have brown eyed parents, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm hello, it doesn't matter. I'm bb. Straight up. If I marry someone with blue eyes, I will definitely have blue eyed babies. Check your punnet squares. Duh

    ReplyDelete