This is coming straight from my journal (which I RARELY ever share anything I write in my journal so this is quite the honor to any of my readers).
"But man, despite his riches, does not endure; he is like the beasts that perish. This is the fate of those who trust in themselves, and of their followers, who approve their sayings. Like sheep, they are destined for the grave, and death will feed on them." (Psalm 49:12-14a)
Money cannot save us. Only Jesus can save us. I am sinful and broken. Therefore, how can I expect to lead myself to goodness and righteousness? Sin produces more sin. I can only lead myself to more sin and destruction. I need something perfect to lead me to goodness. I need the Holy Spirit to lead me to goodness because it is the only light in all of my darkness.
That's it. Shortest post to date but it's just soooo true!
No comments:
Post a Comment